Thursday, August 19, 2010

If you guys would, give me some helpful hints, advice, etc?

I am 6'2 351 pounds, I don't look it, but I am. I think its because of my height. I put myself on this diet. Monday-Friday, I try to eat mainly fruit, and very lil vegetables, and I drink plenty of water. Saturday and Sunday its hard. I am a college student, on the weekend I slip sometime and break my diet. If I eat out its subway, and what I get is a footlong, with turkey, lettuce, tomatos, pickels, and cucumbers only. Sundays are terrible, I sometimes forget and eat for example a pieace of meat loaf, so I am like hitting the tredmill extra hard Monday morning. May I add that since I put myself on this diet, I sometime don't get hungry, and dont eat, but drink water.





I go walking on the tredmill at least 4-5 times a week. I try to walk for a hour, if not 40 mins. Some people are noticing that I am losing weight, but I kind of don't feel it. So what do you think? Am I getting the right amount of calories and all that good stuff!If you guys would, give me some helpful hints, advice, etc?
ok first mistake.... switch the intake of fruits and veggies. more veggies then fruit.





fruit is higher in natural sugars... ALL GOOD FOR YOU, but it is higher.


carrots are also higher in natural sugars...





stick to green leafy veggies and things like asparagas, brocoli, lettuce etc.





also... PROTEIN... even if your a vegetarian.. you need protein, thats great with the turkey, but you need more of it in your diet, it helps curb cravings, and keeps you fuller longer... AND CARBS... whole grains 1-3 servings per day





see a nutritionist if you can as well they can really help. or also, if you cant afford that. they YMCA etc generally have nutrition information packages.If you guys would, give me some helpful hints, advice, etc?
This does not sound very safe. Although you may be getting the right amount of calories, fiber and some vitamins from fruits, you need minerals, complex carbs and proteins from other foods (this is why there's a food pyramid). You should eat A LOT of vegetables, then Protein (especially if you're looking to build some muscle). Fruits are good healthy snacks to be interspersed throughout the day, and whole grains will make you fuller at meals. If you eat more balanced throughout the week you should not feel the need to splurge on the weekends.





You're not getting hungry right now (did you start this diet a month ago or less?) but obviously you get hungry on the weekends, and that's not right. Ideally your stomach should never be emtpy except when you sleep, so don't skip meals (it will slow your metabolism, causing you to hold on any calories you did consume/will consume, thereby negating the effects of ';saving calories'; by not eating).





If you're at subway, what you said sounds fine. Turkey is even leaner than chicken.





It doesn't even sound like you're being that ';terrible'; on weekends. A piece of meatloaf? wow that'll really blow your diet (not).
dought it. Read my blog located in my profile to find what you should be eating to lose weight. It has exact math formulas that can really help you. You need to be eating more offten too like every 3 hours and small amounts to keep your metablisim up and keep burning cals. Please take a look at my blog it can really help you. ';How to lose weight and keep it off'; is the title.





God Bless
I'm having the same problems! Everyone who is supporting me always say I should have one cheat day, but reserve the ';cheating'; part for dinner time, such as I'm allowed to eat out one night a week. I've lost ten pounds since the beginning of February, but I don't see it at all! I like the rush from seeing the scale at a smaller number, but even still, my measurements are mostly the same.





About your diet though. It's great that you are actually dieting! But honestly, I don't see in here that you're getting a lot of breads, and that could be bad, once you get down to your goal weight. My mom did the Atkins diet a lot time ago, lost a lot of weight and was about stick size, but then once she started incorporating the breads back into her diet, she ballooned up. The best way is to refrain from eating out when you don't know the amounts of oils and fats that are being cooked with the food. You've got the drinking water part down I see, and a lot of fruits (which contain a high amount of sugar). I would add meats, a higher amount of veggies, just try not to consume a high amount of salt or sugar.


But the best thing I can recommend for you to do is to record somewhere every single food morsel or M%26amp;M that you put in your mouth! Write it down, and then review it in one month..you may find some interesting facts about your diet!





but either way good luck!
  • eye color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment