Thursday, July 29, 2010

What Advice Would You Give Me? (Preferably Guys)?

I met this guy at a wedding and he asked me out a few weeks ago--and the date went really well...until we both found out each other's respective ages. Turns out there was an 8-year age difference btwn us and I'm 19. Throughout the date he would make little jokes here and there about the age difference and he even told me that he had dated an 18-year old once a few years back. Anyways a few days later I emailed him just casually thanking him for taking me to the beach that he had showed me. He replied back quickly, saying he was “down for going to the beach again.” But he never really asked when I was free or anything. So after that it was just a lot of small talk about pointless things thru email and the convo sort of just ended. It’s been a week now since I’ve last talked to him and my question is: is he interested or no? If he were just another guy my age I would’ve just passed it off as he’s just not that into me but since the date went so well and there was a spark I’m wondering if he’s not being as forward with me now b/c of the whole age issue. Do you think there's anything I can say to him at this point or is it a lost cause?What Advice Would You Give Me? (Preferably Guys)?
first congratulations for your date, I think it is already a good step that you know you like this guy, and everything starts with a small step.


as a guy, I think the age difference matters only if you were 12 and he was 18 or something, as long you both are mature and wise about it, it should not be the problem, I guess he might be shy or failing to have the courage to ask you out again, have you asked him to come to your place or to go to a place ( have you initiated the walk to the beach or something) perhaps try to make up again and meet each other, maybe talk about it as a clear issue, if he is interested in you or not. personally I don't think it is a lost cause! head up! and be motivated.


all the best.What Advice Would You Give Me? (Preferably Guys)?
He needs to know that you are OK with the age difference. So tell him what day you are free for the beach and do NOT bring up the age issue again if you want to date him. If he mentions it again, just say that when he is 80, you'll only be 72 and that is the end of it.
Hmmmm... Not sure...


Anyway age dosent matter! Really!


As long as you love each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment