Saturday, July 31, 2010

Guys, can you help me w. this? I need your blunt advice and encouragement PLEASE?

I'm a good girl - not easy but easygoing and can get along w. everyone. I'm old fashioned in love. I'm going through this phase where i'm ';jaded'; right now (went through a situation a few months back and I feel as if all my sincerity is gone. guys who i've crushed on or were interested in before, i feel nothing, i'm numb)...i'm not biter, I've moved on, i'm happy to be single, and have had this epiphany w. everything that has happened in my love life and I just want to take time for myself to be my self and it will be awhile 'til i become ';close'; and care for someone again. No relationships anytime soon.





My friend asked me to go on this date w. her co-worker. First off, ';who is this? what's his name? what's he like?'; I'm not a fan of ';blind dating'; and why would I go out w. someone I know nothing about. All she said was he was ';nice';. I'm sorry but ';nice'; isn't going to cut it anymore b/c everyone is nice. I told her to jsut bring him to our get togethers and i'll meet him there. I got there and this was this same guy, she tried to set me up w. a few months back. She knew he wasn't my type and right away, I knew still wasn't. He's a cool guy but I wouldn't date him. Now he's texting me and I was cautious of that too b/c he seems more into me than I am of him and I don't want to lead him on. He wants to take me to go to dinner ';as friends'; but we all know that that's just an excuse to get closer until he gets what he wants...me lol And a guy won't work that hard to be ';friends'; w. a girl. Now he's all ';bobby brown'; on me w. texting (like raunchy) and it's gross. My friend said he thinks ';i'm hot'; and tht I should go out w. him to get free dinner. NO WAY. I'd rather take MYSELF out to dinner and pay. I MAY BE SINGLE AND LONELY SOMETIMES BUT I'M NOT DESPERATE. Even guys scan out other girls REALLY well to see if she's good enough for their friends, why can't girls be the same? I know she means well but it's an insult to me bc he's not even my type and she keeps throwin the ';friends'; excuse and now i gotta deal w. this horny dude on my own. And it's different between me and her b/c he WORKS w. her so of course, they're gonna be friends.





Do you think I'm being a *****? What should I do and how do I handle this dude?Guys, can you help me w. this? I need your blunt advice and encouragement PLEASE?
Not at all. You don't feel like dating right now, no matter who it is. Tell this guy and your friend thanks, but you just want to stay away from the dating thing right now. If he or she doesn't accept this, you may have to get firmer with them. No one should make you feel guilty for doing something you believe in. stick to your guns, You have every right to say no to someone who you know will not make you happy. And you have every right to be happy, and be single for a while without getting pressure from your friend.Guys, can you help me w. this? I need your blunt advice and encouragement PLEASE?
Honestlydont be afraid to just say that you need time to yourself, and stop looking for ';love'; i mean you have to figure the more your looking for that perfect someone the more you are analyzing every little thing that person does that makes you mad. Just straight up tell them what you feel.
You have already made the choice, what good is the back and forth in your mind really doing? Sometimes friends have delusional ideas of what we really need in our lives, other times they have very accurate ideas. Your friend may have some agenda here that may be delusional or accurate and you will not know until you bring it up in direct conversation.





With regards to the guy, you should simply and directly explain to him that you do not believe that he only wants to be friends and that you are not interested in dating.








All this being said, you should examine what it is you are holding on to by avoiding having these two very honest conversations. If these two are your friends then they will struggle to understand, if not then your open dialogue with them may be an opportunity for them to examine their own motives and behaviors.





Remember that suffering comes from clinging too tightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment