Thursday, July 29, 2010

What advice do you have for me (guys please answer, although girls can also)?

Lately I have been realizing that I really like one of the guys I go to school with. He is always super nice to me, and is truly a gentleman. We have very long, interesting, and intelligent conversations nearly every day (both at school and online), and have really gotten to know each other. He even told me that he was adopted and said that he hasn't told more than about 4 people, which makes me feel good because I know he trusts me. The more I talk to him, the more I realize that we are on the same page, having similar conservative Christian and family values. The problem is that I'm pretty sure he views me only as a really good friend, but even if he did feel the same way as I do, there would be little we could do as we are both only 16 and in 10th grade. We both know that dating in high school is pointless and usually only leads to pain in the end.





So, my question is do you think it would be a good idea to let him know what my feelings for him are? I want to be honest with him to maintain the trust he has in me, but at the same time I don't want things to become awkward. How does a guy usually feel around a girl whom he doesn't like more than a friend but knows they like him? If it would make him feel better about himself (he is fairly depressed . . . and so am I) then I would really like to make him feel better. And also, he's quite shy . . . he could really like me for all I know!





I don't want to miss out on anything that God might have planned for me just because I was too shy (which I am) to tell him my feelings. But I still don't want to create more difficulties in my life . . . what do you think I should do? I really appreciate your opinion.What advice do you have for me (guys please answer, although girls can also)?
This is really such a typical question. You like him, but you don't know if you should tell him. You want to find out if he feels the same way, but you're afraid of getting burned. There's no shame in having those kinds of doubts or hesitations, that's just how relationships are.





However, there is one very important thing to know: That questions will only worry you as long as they remain unanswered. If you want to know, you have to ask him. Sit down and talk with him about it. Be polite, be honest and just explain how you feel. It could go your way, it could not. There is no guarantee, and there is no magic cure for when things don't go the way to want, but even if the answer isn't the one you want to hear, in the long run you'll be glad that you worked it out instead of just sitting around worrying about it.What advice do you have for me (guys please answer, although girls can also)?
I think you should tell him that you have feeling for him. It always makes guys - especially with low self esteem - feel better about themselves.
you are in dangerous teenage,what your are seeing is all the fog it seems to be good but if you stay in fog it will spoil the health, the same thing is happenning now,think now as grown up child are discus with your most and most dearest and nearest mother
Go for it. Even if most couples don't succeed after high school (as statistics show), I still think that high school is a great opportunity to experience a little bit of what it is like to be in a relationship. Just make sure to stick to your moral comfort zone.
ahahah william c is right as soon as i saw the novel that was typed, i immediately scrolled down to the comments.
I do think you should tell him, because I do think you will regret it if you don't.





I completely understand not wanting to get too serious in high school, but SOME experience can be a good thing.





Take it slow and try not to get too serious.





Worst case scenario, he doesn't feel the same, in which case, just be cool about it. If you don't make it awkward, he won't feel awkward.
If he talks to you that much he likes you. He is a teenager. Trust me. He is interested in you.








Tell him you like him and watch the smile spring onto his face. He has been waiting for you to say it and is probably afraid to tell you for much the same reason.
well obviously i'm no guy but i think if he was that open with you about how he was adopted then i think you owe it to him to be honest with him and tell him how you feel.


if it makes things awkward because he doesn't return the feelings then you could try to ignore that you ever said it. but if God planned for you guys to be together then what have you got to lose?
nobody is going to read all that. got to keep them short

No comments:

Post a Comment