Thursday, July 29, 2010

Friend is coming round on monday to help me tell my mom I've had some issues [sexual] with a guy. Any advice?

I've asked my friend and she said she'd stay with me whe I told my mom.. any advice on how to make it easier?Friend is coming round on monday to help me tell my mom I've had some issues [sexual] with a guy. Any advice?
It is not a bad idea to have your friend there when you tell your mom.. but the question you need to ask yourself is.. does this friend of yours know that this is about the sexual assault.. that has been traumatizing you for the past 8 years when you were 8 years old.. ? It is only helpful if your friend knows what exactly happened then otherwise you have to put her in the picture and your mom.. .you said once when you asked a question before that your friend doesn't know the exact details either of what actually happened 8 years ago... so if you bring your friend along for support then, your mom may take it the wrong way and believe that your friend knew all along but that you did not tell your own mother what really happened when you were 8 years old and sexually abused.. then she will feel you trust her not at all and it might make the relationship with your mom worse.. It would be the best if you told your mom on your own and if she reacts in any way not as you hope, to call your friend over as your moral support after you and your mom had the talk.. xxxFriend is coming round on monday to help me tell my mom I've had some issues [sexual] with a guy. Any advice?
Before you begin, remind her that you are coming to her for help. Remind her that you know that what you did was wrong, but you need her HELP, not a scolding. Try to get her to agree not to yell at you, but to listen before you start tell her.





If your mom starts to get upset and yell, remind her of the agreement you made. You both need to try to keep the discussion calm. As a mom myself, I can tell you that I would be upset to hear anything sexual about my daughter, but I do understand that she needs to trust that she can come to me to discuss important issues like this. Good luck to you. Telling your mom is the hardest thing to do, but it is the right thing to do.
I would just tell your mom the truth...your mom must know that u like this guy and is willing to do stuff with him, as long as u don't get yourself prego..and stuff, I think u should just do it by yourslef instead of with your friend being there....Your mom hopefully will understand!! 0 Good luck!- KK
Just be yourself, be honest and be open. Don't be afraid, she's your mother. :)





good luck
Sounds like you have taken the steps to make it as easy as possible.
Open up to your mom she will understand!
how could you do it.anyways once done cant be brought back.she is your mom she will understand .take come tests and see if you r not pregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment