Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Advice about being one of the guys?!?!?!?

Okay, so I am now married (1 week) andmy husband and I have two roommates at our home. We own the home and our roommates are 2 of our really good single male friends. Anyways I am pretty much other than our dog, the only female in the home. I am mostly okay with this, there are a couple of pet peeves that I have but for the most part it goes well. We have a great dynamicsin our home, there are a couple things though that I struggle with.





1. Everytime we are out together or in the yard or something and a roommate sees a hot female, they mention it and all the guys begin checking her out right in front of me and commenting on her body. Even my husband. Now I understand that they are men and that they have that human nature to check chicks out, but honestly and truthfully I dont do it to them... It makes me feel like crap and then I get very self conscious.....I know I am not the prettiest, hottest, or deffinately thinnest (I am 5'9'; and 168)..... How can I learn to deal with this one or talk to them about it. I talked with my husband the other night and he said I just need to understand that this is how guys are and this is how they talk....





2. The cleaning...... I clean the house all but their rooms and their bathroom. I clean all common areas, and my room. Now I have one o the boys that bugs me with the kitchen and dirty dishes.... I clean it every night afte rI make dinner for who ever is home. I make sure that counters are cleaned, that dish washer is if full running and if not full it is waiting. I always have good left over food in the fridge (I keep the fridge very cold and clean it once a week as well). Every morning I get up and there is food and dishes in my sink. He puts water in them but it doesnt help the fact that they are still there!!!!! I buy the food for the house (they get the things they want that I dont buy), and he wastes it, granted most of the time it is boxed mac n cheese but that still costs me money!!!! Also his room is a disaster! He has empty food containers, chip bags, dirty laundry, etc... It stinks! Now this bothers the other boys but they dont seem to do anythign about it. I am very tempted to go into the boys room and clean it for him!





3. The house is male run! If I turn on something I want to watch I get it for 30 minutes, then its back to what ever they want to watch. All movies are male oriented, all conversation, everything is run by men in my house.





My husband is getting frusterated because I have started pulling away a littl ebit, I have started feeling very out of place in this world. I do everything with them usually, work on cars, play vdieo games, go shooting and all that stuff, thats fine, but more and more I am starting to feel I am out of bounds in no mans land..... I feel like maybe they are actualyl starting to see me as a boy in the house (all but my husband he still treats me mostly girlish).... I jsut dont knwo what to do. I am getting tired of hearing htem talk about girls constantly, I mean heck half the time there is a nude female hanging somewhere in my house.... I already suffor from an eatin disorder and this doesnt help me to much. Any advice on what I can do abotu this, or am I truly being a big silly dumb baby about everything and being a ';girl'; about it all.... Its takes alot ot make me break and I havent broekn yet with them. Any tips or advice? Anythign would help.... please...Advice about being one of the guys?!?!?!?
You have been married one week - congratulations - and you are already cleaning the house up after his guy friends. Shouldn't you still be on your honeymoon? Tell him you are the woman of the house and you are not having bachelors with their naked women in your marital home! They have got to go!Advice about being one of the guys?!?!?!?
Your ';husband'; hasn't really grown up yet, and you are being used. Tell him the room mates have to go or you will.
  • burts bees
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment