Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Bi guys out there? Advice on coming out?

Okay so I'm bi like I said earlier... I'm thinking of coming out to relieve me of the stress I'm feeling about trying to hide... My mom's not the kind of person who just accepts things as they are and she's kind of like a control freak... She's not narrow-minded about certain things but it's mostly because she's just given up... She can be very narrow-minded about things like her beliefs and principles and sexuality... She's quite a gay-basher sometimes... I have a cousin who's bi and she thinks that he's having a psychological problem... I need to know a good way to break this to her and not be a cause of her nervous breakdown where she'll say that I will be the cause of her untimely death and blame me for it, not that I care in the least of what she'll say or think but it will be hard to do damage control with the kind of personality that she has... My dad was enough of a problem when he was still alive and he was so against gays and bis... He even disapproved of his own bi nephew...Bi guys out there? Advice on coming out?
Well, hearing how your mother's opinion towards homosexuality and bisexuality is, I would seriously council against coming out until your old enough to move out. If you were to come out, the most probable thing that could happen is your life being a hell hole. But then again, you say your stressed out about it. So its kinda of a lose-lose situation. I'd say give it a few more years, but in the end its your own decision.Bi guys out there? Advice on coming out?
I agree with Ed. I know this must be hard keeping to yourself, but I think it's important to try. If you're depending on your mom to support you until you move out, you might find that really hard to do if she threatens to kick you out or take away privileges until you 'go straight'. And if she's that much of a basher, she probably will try some tricks to get you to change your mind.





Besides this, look at it this way. Do straight kids come out and tell their parents they're straight? No, I don't believe most do. They just are what they are and that's the end of it. It only becomes a problem if the daughter comes home pregnant or with some other similar problem.





I suggest waiting until you're older or more independant, then tell her straight out and leave. There is no easy way to tell her. You'll just have to spit it out and hope for the best.





Good luck. Hope it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment